" Expansion: World
War II is an internet-based multiplayer
simulation-game about the military, political,
and economic affairs before, during, and after
World War II."
- Operating System: Windows'98 or higher
- Desktop Size: at least 640x480
- Internet: the ability to access the Internet
- E-mail: at least one valid e-mail adress
- Time, money, and intelligent players
- This is the most detailed grand strategy game available: players can
influence technological progress, produce weapons they themselves
created, create new types of military units, raise armies, influence
the economy and politics, and are responsible for diplomacy.
- Exp:WW2 used a client-server structure, and is not a web-based game. Each player uses
a Windows program, called PlayProg. Only during the sending of
orders you need to access the Internet, thus saving you money.
- Exp:WW2 is a continuing expanding program, not static. It's present
structure will enable this future expansion, without the need for
- As a reference, a large and expanding website is maintained. A copy of
this website, including the encyclopedia, will be available on the CDROM.
- Over 200,000 hexagons.
- 3 Zoom levels.
- The ability to show and combine various detailed features of the map, such as
terrain types, a political map, borders, (rail)roads, rivers, and
- The map size can be increased to fill the size of your Windows desktop.
- A mini map to show the world map with terrain or political date.
- 8 Major and 5 medium powers to play.
- Unlimited players per county.
- "Pay per power", not per player. More players per country
means sharing in the costs. The more the merrier.
- "Pay per turn", not per month. Suspension of a game means
suspension of payment. The risks are ours.